At Bali Harvest, we make our products carefully and with consideration from the best materials obtainable in the hope that they may last at least a lifetime, and if looked after, to last many.
Caring for your Bali Harvest wares is important as all our products are 100% natural products. Follow these instructions to maintain your Bali Harvest wares and feel free to contact us if you ever need any advice.
- Hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly. Unlike metal or plastic, most wood is naturally antibacterial and after being given a light wash will neutralise 99% of any remaining bacteria after 24 hours.
- Do not use in the dishwasher or soak for a long period of time, this will significantly weaken the wood and can damage your product.
- Your Bali Harvest ware has been treated with a handmade salve of organic beeswax and coconut oil. Over time, air and sunlight will change its natural colour and dry out the wood. Rub with beeswax, coconut or mineral oil to restore the smoothness and shine of your wood.
- Over time, hot liquids may slightly damage or raise your wood fibres (wood surface feels less smooth). Rub your wood surface very lightly with a fine sandpaper (between 320 and 400 grit) and reapplying beeswax or oil. This will bring back the silky smooth finish your product had when you bought it!
- Hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Do not use in the dishwasher or soak for a long period of time, this can cause the coconut to split.
- Coconut bowls are best suited to room temperature and cool foods. For others, prepare your bowl for the change in temperature by first rinsing in warm water for warmer food, or cold water for colder food. Hot food on rare occasions can cause the bowls to crack.
- Do not expose to extreme temperature. Do not use in the microwave, oven or refrigerator.
- Rub with coconut oil or vegetable oil every 10-20 uses to restore the smoothness and shine of your coconut bowls!
- Hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse and leave to dry (place diagonally so the water runs out faster).
- Safe to use in dishwasher.
- To sterilise your bamboo straws, soak in equal parts vinegar and water for + 15 minutes, rinse and leave to dry.
- Sun-dry your bamboo straws every once in a while to keep moisture away and your straws happy!